Kamis, 10 Juni 2010
discount 20% all tretment
mandiri card holder 50%
for: art of ubud
( mon - thu )
graha manggala siliwangi
jl.aceh no 66 bandung
Minggu, 06 Juni 2010
90mnt IDR 69.000
120mnt IDR 79.000
Body Massage 60mnt IDR 89.000
(Balinese/Javanese Massage) 90mnt IDR 119.000
120mnt IDR 139.000
Hot Stone Massage 90mnt IDR 139.000
120mnt IDR 159.000
Body Scrub 90mnt IDR 139.000
120mnt IDR 159.000
Reflexology (zone therapy) is an alternative medicine, complementary, or integrated medicine method of treatment involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hand with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It is based on a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands with a premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.  A 2009 systematic review of randomised controlled trials concluded that the latest available evidence does not show convincingly that reflexology is an effective treatment for any medical condition.
The Reflexology Association of Canada defines reflexology as:
"A natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes without the use of tools, crèmes or lotions, the feet being the primary area of application, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body."
There is no consensus among reflexologists on how reflexology is supposed to work; a unifying theme is the idea that areas on the foot correspond to areas of the body, and that by manipulating these one can improve health through one's qi.Reflexologist say that the body is divided into ten equal vertical zones, five on the right and five on the left. There are also three transverse lines, the upper region of the shoulder girdle, the waistline, and the pelvic floor.  Concerns have been raised by medical professionals that treating potentially serious illnesses with reflexology, which has no proven efficacy, could delay the seeking of appropriate medical treatment. Reflexology is recommended as a complementary therapy and should not replace medical treatment.  A systematic review of the efficacy of reflexology found one study showing a statistically significant effect in the treatment of urinary symptoms in multiple sclerosis patients. All other conditions reviewed in this study showed no evidence of any specific effect.
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage that uses smooth, heated stones. They are often basalt, a black volcanic rock that absorbs and retains heat well, but they can be other types. The heat is both deeply relaxing and helps tight muscles release
What Happens During a Hot Stone Massage?
* Before you arrive, the massage therapist sanitizes the stones (very important!) and heats them in 120 to 150 degree water.
* During the massage, the therapist warms up the body with traditional Swedish massage, then massages you while holding a heated stone. As the stone cools, the therapist replaces it with another.
* The therapist might also leave heated stones in specific points along your spine, in the palms of your hand, on your belly, or even between your toes to improve the flow of energy in your body.
* If you have inflammation or muscle injury, cold stones are sometimes used.
How Much Does a Hot Stone Massage Cost?
A hot stone massage is more expensive than a basic Swedish massage because it requires more preparation and clean-up and usually runs longer. A typical hot stone massage is IDR136.000, but the price can go higher.
What You Need To Know About Hot Stone Massage:
* The therapist uses many stones of various shapes and sizes.
* The heat of the stones helps muscles release more quickly than in traditional massage.
* You should speak up if the stones are too warm or the pressure too intense.
* Technique is very important. Less experienced practitioners sometimes use too much pressure.
* Small local day spas might have less experienced therapists. If you have any doubts, ask where the therapist learned hot stone massage, and how long she has done it.
*Hot stones warmed by fire were used by Native Americans to feel better, but Mary Nelson, a native of Tucson, Arizona, is generally credited with its revival. She trademarked her style, called LaStone Therapy. Most spas offer their own versions of hot stone massage.
*Lava shell massage is another way to get heat into a massage.
Everyday Family Spa
Graha Manggala Siliwangi
Jl. Aceh 66 Bandung,
Svarga emotion sanctuary
jl. Karangsari 12 Setiabudi, Bandung
JL.Raya Kuta No.129 Kuta, Bali
The true art of Balinese massage